BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A meeting with Ben Stiller - American Museum of Natural History! NYC

Hi,
yeah, I'm kidding I almost met him - I was in the American Museum of Natural History where the film 'Night at the Museum' was shot. It's an amazing feeling when you can recognize the places and things from the movie.



So I met my friend there (we were planning it for a long time) - she lives in White Plains - about 40 mins from me. It's also the perfect place to escape a cold winter day or a humid one.


The entrance:






DID YOU KNOW?
  • that's the largest natural history museum in the World
  • it has 4 floors and a lower level = 45 exhibition halls
  • it's situated near the west side of Central Park
  • this place isn't the same as in the 'Night at the Museum'
  • the entrance price is recommended - it means people can pay whatever they can afford
  • it's easy to get lost (even with the map)
 (Lucky me we were on the interview with experts)




 Honestly, some of the exhibitions are hard to understand but it looks unusual and different.


As you know this museum presents the history of nature so there're plenty of animals, it's called 'live-animal exhibitions'.
Firstly, you can see 3D with only one eye - it's incredibly amazing - the exhibit shows us animals (that had lived) trees,rocks etc. (like in their original area) and the background is fake.
The wall was especially made to feel the nature and imagine yourself to be for example - in the middle of nowhere, forest or mountains.























He almost ate my head...


Do we look similar? Just a little bit???

Theodore Roosevelt
(or Teddy) is mostly remembered as the 26th President of the US and I feel like this Roosevelt Memorial Hall celebrates his passion for preserving America's wilderness for future generations.
By the way, that's an amazing experience to BE THERE! If you have a chance to go there, just do it - it's totally worthy.




"LUCY"
is one of the most complete skeletons found to date from the early hominids that flourished between 4 and 2 million years ago - that's unbelievable... it's presumably female, who stood well under 4 feet tall but anyway for experts it was hard to decide.
This was discovered by scientists in 1974 (3.18 million-year-old woman) they named her Lucy because the researches listened to the Beatles song 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' to celebrate their incredible find.


It's literally impossible to see everything on a single visit. You can spend hours here exploring the different floors and exhibits, so that's why this trip made our feet hurt. 
I've never seen such a good dinosaur exhibition as here - I'm disappointed they're not alive!!





That's just a little bit of everything concerning natural history :

  • dinosaurs
  • evolution
  • minerals, rocks, fossils
  • space
  • aquatic life
  • animals 
and more...
look at this map:







And this is what I got as a little souvenir from this Museum it's sooo cute!
As you can see it used to be a 1 cent!



Hope you like those photos - I have a lot but I chose the best ones.
This trip was really exhausting but I'm glad I did it!!!
Take a last look -

See ya!
xx,
M.

Share this:

5 comments :

  1. I actually enjoyed your post. The way you delivered your view/opinion, was very insightful. Your contribution to this community will be very fruitful to us. funny viral videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any idea where to hire some professional writers? Thanks in advance :) Cool Instagram Names

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. reseller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. happy mothers day in heaven

    ReplyDelete

 
Back To Top
Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By OddThemes